Oh, hi. First things first, it’s good to see you here. No matter where you’re reading from, I hope you enjoy the adventures we take together each week…thank you for letting me share my little piece of Montana with you. I love it.
A couple of weeks ago, this messy-haired blond wrote a blog about Montana and all of the reasons I love it. See that blog here.
Afterward, I started wondering what your reasons are for loving Montana.
Is it the view of the stars when you’re camping in the Bob Marshall Wilderness? Maybe it’s the incredible history and rich culture of the American Indian tribes? Or is it the unexplainable connection and sense of giddiness you feel when this sign greets you?
Well, as usual, my curiosity got the best of me. So I asked a few of my friends the big question, “Why do you love Montana?”
And their love for Montana, and willingness to share it with me, was even more than I expected.
Here are some of their responses…
- “We love Montana because it’s not easy.”
- “I love Montana because of the way of life, the freedom, the open spaces and the mountains.”
- “It’s home to several local cafes with make the best homemade french fries ever.”
- “My heart is there.”
- “The sudden view of the Missions when you drive up Highway 93 around the last turn into the valley.”
- “The simultaneous warmth and independence of the people. The traditions of the West. The chance to see parts of the natural world as they were intended to be seen.”
Now it’s your turn. What do YOU love about Montana?
Sending you warm Montana-lovin’ hugs,
November 3, 2011