Before winter officially even begins, holiday festivities are well underway here in Western Montana’s Glacier Country. This is a magical time of year, and we’ve got the events—and the enchanting wintry landscape—to make it even more festive.
Historic Holiday Happenings + Classic Christmas Events
Mark your calendars for holiday décor, gingerbread houses, Christmas cookies, hot chocolate and more, and get ready for those classic Christmas feels at these favorite Glacier Country events.
Conrad Mansion Christmas Tours, Nov. 22 – Dec. 31 (Wed. – Sun.)
The home of one of Kalispell’s founder, Charles Conrad, gets completely decked out in seasonal splendor, and the mansion offers docent-guided tours during the holiday season. A live radio play of Charles Dicken’s Christmas Carol is performed by the Gypsy Theatre Guild December 1, 2, and 3 at the mansion.
Holiday High Tea at The Lodge at Whitefish Lake, Dec. 3 – 17 (Saturdays), Missoula
Dress in your best and bring the little ones to The Lodge at Whitefish Lake for a holiday-themed high tea, paired with finger sandwiches, pastries and other treats. Enjoy views of the winter-frosted Whitefish Lake from the dining room.
Ovando Old West Christmas Fest, Nov. 24
In the small town of Ovando, welcome Cowboy Claus and enjoy gingerbread house making, wagon rides, arts and crafts, a petting zoo, barnyard garage sale, food and drink and holiday cheer.
Christmas Strolls, Villages, Tree Lightings and Parades
Western Montana knows how to kick off the holiday season, from lighting town centers and main streets to celebrating Santa’s arrival. Here’s where you can take part in these favorite Holiday festivities.
- Polson Christmas Tree Lighting, Nov. 25
- Festival of Trees, Dec. 1, Kalispell
- Holiday on Higgins, Dec. 2, Missoula
- Libby Christmas Tree Lighting, Dec. 2
- Parade of Lights + Santa’s Arrival, Dec. 2, Bigfork
- Christmas Tree Lighting + Christmas Caroling, Dec. 2, Darby
- 9 Mile Schoolhouse Enchanted Christmas Village, Dec. 2, Huson
- Whitefish Christmas Stroll, Dec. 8
- Santa’s Gift Giveaway and Torchlight Parade, Dec. 24, Whitefish
Holiday Markets and Craft Fairs
Get your holiday shopping on and buy from local artists at these holiday markets and fairs. And don’t forget about Small Business Saturday, December 2, a great day to “shop small” and cross some names off your holiday gift list with Made in Montana goods.
- Snowline Acres Christmas Market, Nov. 17 – Dec. 3, Kalispell
- Christmas at the Fairgrounds: Art Show, Craft Fair and Makers’ Market, Nov. 24 – 26, Kalispell
- First Peoples’ Winter Market, Nov. 25, Missoula
- Josephine’s Speakeasy Holiday Market, Dec. 2, Coram
- Little Red Truck European Christmas Market, Dec. 8 – 9, Missoula
- Missoula Holiday MADE Fair, Dec. 10
Western Montana’s performing arts scene is inspiring, and the holidays never disappoint. Holiday musicals, symphony orchestras and theater performances can be found throughout the region during this magical season.
- MCT: Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer, Dec. 1 – 17, Missoula
- Alpine Theatre Project: Yuletide Affair Kids, Nov. 30 – Dec. 2, Whitefish
- Missoula Symphony: Holiday Pops, Dec. 1 – 3
- Glacier Symphony: Handel’s Messiah, Dec. 1 – 3, Kalispell
- A Victorian Christmas, Dec. 7, Hamilton
- Glacier Symphony & The San Diego Ballet: The Nutcracker, Dec. 9 –10, Kalispell
- Garden City Ballet: The Nutcracker, Dec 15 – 17, Missoula
- Alpine Theatre Project: Yuletide Affair, Dec. 20 – 22, Whitefish
New Year’s Eve Events
Continue the holiday celebrations by ringing in the new year at a signature Montana New Year’s Eve event.
Please note: We ask that all our visitors and residents Recreate Responsibly by being mindful of the following: know before you go; plan ahead; play it safe; leave no trace; tread lightly; and help build an inclusive outdoors.
November 13, 2023
Related: Arts and Culture, Bigfork, Concerts/Music Festivals, Coram, Darby, Events, Family Fun, Hamilton, Huson, Indoor Fun, Kalispell, Libby, Missoula, Outdoor Fun, Ovando, Polson, Vacation, Whitefish, Winter Fun